Here are a few simple instructions to make your first visit more efficient:
- Please allow 1 -2 hours for your allergy testing and/or consultation
- Two days prior to your visit, we will call to confirm your appointment. If a message is left with a family member or on a voice mail system, you must call the office back to verbally confirm the appointment.
- Do not take any medications with an antihistamine ingredient for 36 hours prior to your allergy test. A few examples of medications with antihistamines are Claritin, Clarinex, Benadryl, Allegra, and Sudafed.
- Please bring enclosed patient information and drug allergy form to the appointment or fill it out online.
- If the patient is age 17 or under, a parent or guardian must be present for the appointment.
- Bring the patient’s current insurance information: referral, address, date of birth, and social security number of the insurance policy holder/subscriber.
- Bring a list of current prescription and over-the-counter medications for the patient.
Please note, allergy testing can cost between $700 and $1200 (depending on the type of testing). Dr. Horbal participates with most insurances (and most insurances will cover allergy treatment—see note below). However, usual copayments, deductibles, and coinsurances may apply for dates of services; therefore, we encourage you to contact your insurance company to verify that allergy testing is a covered benefit, the amount of your copay/coinsurance and if you have a yearly deductible to meet before your insurance will pay for medical services.
Office visit copays are due at the time of visit; deductible and non-covered amounts can be paid by payment arrangements once your insurance is billed and we mail a statement to you.
GM, Delphi, UAW, Ford, Chrysler Blue Cross policies do not have allergy test or treatment coverage in their plans; therefore, any allergy testing, OV, injections, serum, etc. charges will be patient/guarantor’s responsibility.
• If the patient is not covered by insurance, payment arrangements must be made in advance. If this is not done, you must be prepared to pay for the service(s) in full at the time of the visit. For your convenience, we do accept personal checks, cash, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
• We require 48 hours notice (during office hours only) from the patient/guarantor to cancel or reschedule a new patient appointment. With proper notice, we can accommodate most any schedule. However, there is a $200 fee for missed appointments and for reschedules and cancellations not done within 48 business hours of appointment date. No Show/No Cancellation appointments will not be rescheduled.
We look forward to your visit with us!