As a child Dr. Horbal had fairly severe allergies that weren’t found by his pediatrician. And his consistent cough turned out to be asthma. It wasn’t until weeks later when his allergies were properly diagnosed by allergy specialist that his life changed forever.
The positive impact that Allergist made on his life has never left Dr. Horbal. He would go on to do his medical training as an allergy and asthma specialist.
Since the early 1980’s Dr. Horbal has lived and practiced medicine in the Tri-City area. Dr. Horbal remains active as a mentoring professional to student internships and as a speaker on allergy, internal medicine, and asthma related topics for pharmaceutical companies, hospital lectures, and medical students. In addition, Dr. Horbal is perceptive to student residency rotations through Mclaren Bay Region Hospital and Mid-Michigan Medical Center.
He keeps his training current by being an active as a fellow of the Joint Council of Allergy and Asthma and Immunology (JCAAI), American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP), American College of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology (ACAAI), and the Michigan State Medical Society/Midland County Medical Society.
Along with his son, Jonathan, Dr. Horbal continues to use the best diagnostic tools to properly diagnose and treat allergies and asthma.
- Chemical Engineering, University of Michigan, Cum Laude 1973
- Medical Doctor, Wayne State University, 1977
- Internship, Providence Hospital, Southfield MI, 1978 Internal Medicine
- Residency, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak MI, 1979–1980 Internal Medicine
- Fellowship, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit MI, 1981–1982 Allergy Immunology
- Diplomat, American Board Internal Medicine, September 1982
- Conjoint Board, Diplomat, September 1987
- Michigan State Medical/Midland County Medical Society Member, 1982–present
- Fellow, American College Allergy/Immunology, 1987–Present
- Associate Professor of Internal Medicine, Michigan State University, 1985–present
- Fellow, American College of Chest Physicians, 1991–present
- American Board Allergy/Immunology/Conjoint Pediatric/Internal Medicine